Medical tape is an item that is often used in our daily life, and it is also a must-have at home. It can be easily applied in our lives. Among them is a cloth tape that has been used for the longest time, but it tears. When removing the tape, there will be a relatively apparent tingling sensation, and the residual glue marks are difficult to clean, and it is not suitable for use in areas with a lot of hair. Now there are other types of medical tapes. Please come and find out with me!
Are the types and functions of ordinary medical tapes?
Medical tapes can be divided into essential, functional, and bandages. Ordinary medical tapes on the market include non-woven breathable tape, polyethylene (PE) tape, silk tape, and zinc oxide tape. The tape's primary function is to fix the wound object to prevent movement. Still, different types of tapes have their unique roles and functions. Different types of tapes have their unique functions and functions.
Non-woven tape: The substrate is environmentally friendly, the micro-porous non-woven fabric is soft and breathable, allowing the skin to breathe naturally, no irritation to the skin and no allergic reaction; moderate viscosity, painless torn off, and no residue. No degumming, no glue oozing, no lint-free curling, no sticky residue removed from human skin. It is used for trauma surgery, infusion needle fixation, external drug application, preparation application, and skin protection.
Polyethylene (PE) tape: PE tape is a non-woven base medical breathable adhesive tape with uniform distribution of laser micropores, comfortable and breathable pasting, no irritation to the skin; moderate viscosity, painless torn off, and no residue. No degumming, no glue oozing, no lint-free curling, no sticky residue removed from human skin. It is used for trauma surgery, infusion needle fixation, external drug application, preparation application, and skin protection.
Silk tape: silk material, soft and comfortable, with good adhesion to the skin, serrated edge design, easy to tear off, easy to use, good air permeability. It has pleasing aesthetics and good air permeability, does not degumming, can be torn according to the required length, stick to the required part, has no irritation to the skin, no allergic reaction, moderate viscosity, no residue, no curling, and no lint.
Zinc oxide tape: It has strong adhesion and is suitable for dressing and fixing after surgery. It has a relatively thick texture, is relatively resistant to friction, and is not easy to fall off.
What is the scope of application of ordinary medical tape?
It is suitable for the fixation of various heavy dressings, the focus of tracheal intubation and other surgical drainage tubes, the desire of nasogastric tubes and urinary catheters, the local compression dressing after catheterization and after biopsy, gauze fixation, and orthopedic plaster. Fixation of splint, fixation of infusion splint, etc.
How to use ordinary medical tape and precautions?
1. Clean and disinfect the skin first and let it dry.
2. Put the tape flat from the center to the outside without tension. To ensure that the tape can be firmly pasted, at least 2.5cm of the skin should be pasted along the edge of the dressing.
3. After the tape is fixed, press lightly on the tape to make the tape stick firmly to the skin.
Ordinary medical tape cannot directly contact the wound surface, and the local skin should be clean and dry before use. When removing, pay attention to slow force to avoid skin tension damage.
The long-term medical tape has?
1. It is easy to tear by hand and does not stick to pulling.
2. Polyethylene (PE) tape: adopts a micro-porous design to ensure the breathability of the tape, and the characteristics of long-term sticking are not easy to be stuffy.
3. Medical tape has good air permeability, is non-toxic and non-irritating, relatively mild, and has good adhesion. It does not hurt the skin, sticks firmly, is not easy to fall off, has no residual glue when peeling off, and is a substitute for traditional adhesive tape.
4. The strict production line makes the medical tape evenly glued, with no degumming, glue leakage, or back glue leakage.
For more information on Innomed® Medical Tape, refer to the previous articles. If you have customized needs, you are welcome to contact us; we will serve you wholeheartedly.
At Longterm Medical, we transform this data by innovating and developing products that make life easier for those who need loving care.
Editor: kiki Jia
Date: June 23, 2022